The Dominican Republic was named, in 2014, as the first destination for investment and tourism in the Caribbean and Central America.
The Expedia Group, an online travel company, released a statement where it establishes that the Dominican Republic is considered to be the “leading destination of travel in the Caribbean”.
The strategic geographical location of the country is optimal for the creation of new businesses, due to its strategic location in the heart of the Caribbean, acting as a link to the Americas and the rest of the world. The country also has the largest number of air and maritime connections in the region, and one of the best transport infrastructures in all Latin America.
To invest in the Dominican Republic is an intelligent decision. This country has one of the more increased and stable economies throughout Latin America. This paradise in the Caribbean has 1,575 km of coastline and beaches of white sand and crystal clear waters, a place with an enviable geographic location, full of unimaginable natural attractions. In the city of Santo Domingo (the capital of the country), rises towering buildings, which reflect the development of a modern and safe city to live.
- Return on investment in a stable country with socio-political security;
- Stable and emerging economy;
- The Dominican Republic is the most visited destination in the Caribbean;
- Low maintenance costs;
- Exceptional climate;
- Unique and excellent geographical strategic location;
- 12 seaports, 8 international airports, motorways that connect with the majority of cities in the country and an excellent network of telecommunications;
- Government support – special incentives after the foreign investments;
- Natural wonders, unique in the world. A country rich in minerals such as gold, nickel and marble;
- Free trade agreements with the USA, Europe, Central America and the Caribbean.
INCENTIVES – FOREIGN INVESTOR
- Residency program for investment, which allows foreign investors to obtain permanent residence in the DR within a period of 45 days;
- Exemption on the payment of taxes to the household and personal goods;
- Partial exemption from taxation of Motor vehicles;
- Exemption taxes on real estate transfers, for the first property acquired;
- Exemption of 50% of the taxes on mortgages, if the credit is issued by a financial institutions of the Dominican Republic;
- Exemption of 50% of the taxes on real estate property, while having valid residence permit;
- Exemption on taxes related to the payment of dividends and interests, generated within the DR or abroad;
- Exemption of 50% of capital gains taxes, so long as the pensioner is the primary shareholder of the company that is subject to the payment.